Signs Of Menopause
Menopause occurs when the ovaries stop producing the hormones, estrogen, and progesterone and a woman no longer ovulates, which concludes her reproductive life. When a woman has stopped having periods for 12 consecutive months, she is said to be postmenopausal.
What are some signs of menopause that you should look out for? Remember that menopausal symptoms usually start up to 5 years before actual menopause begins.
Here is what you can expect:
• Irregular periods. As the ovaries give out, they produce fluctuating amounts of estrogen. Some cycles will produce an egg and will be “ovulatory,” while other cycles will not produce an egg and will be “anovulatory.” Ovulatory cycles and anovulatory cycles last different lengths of time so the periods may be irregular and there may be skipped periods. Some periods will be heavy and some periods will be light.
• Hot flashes. This is the most common sign of menopause. It involves having periods of time when the body feels very hot and flushed. It can last for a few seconds or for a couple of hours. It is due to the fluctuations in ovarian production of hormones. Hot flashes usually start in the perimenopausal years prior to menopause but often disappear after menopause is over with.
• Night sweats. These are times when a woman awakens during the night and feels drenched in sweat. The pillow and the bed clothing are wet and the woman often has to change her nightgown in order to be dry again. Night sweats are perhaps the second most common sign of menopause.
• Mood swings. This involves having times of depression and times of elation that cannot be predicted. The woman is more irritable and emotional; she feels that she can’t control her feelings. This can last for several years. Sometimes the mood swings can be so severe that they interfere with relationships and can require psychiatric management.
• Depression. Many women will have their first bout of depression during menopause. Women who have had depression in the past will have an increased risk of developing menopausal-related depression during this time. At times, the depression can be so severe that the woman needs to take antidepressants or needs to undergo psychotherapy to manage the depressive symptoms.
• Anxiety. The hormonal fluctuations can cause a woman to be more anxious during menopause. The anxiety can be so severe that it interferes with the woman’s quality of life. The anxiety can be mild or can be so severe that the woman needs to practice relaxation techniques or needs anti-anxiety medications.
• Lack of libido. A woman in menopause will have a decreased interest in sex. Sex may be more painful and she may have no ability to have sex because of a decrease in interest in sex. Physiological changes in the sexual organs can cause problems with a woman’s interest in having sexual relations.
• Urinary incontinence. There is an increase in urge incontinence during menopause. This is an increase in urination symptoms any time the woman is exposed to water. She feels as though she must urinate at any time and may have problems with bedwetting or may urinate when the water faucet is turned on. Fortunately, there is medication for this so that these symptoms can be relieved.
• Increased urinary frequency. For reasons that aren’t completely clear, the woman may have an increased frequency of urination. She will urinate during the day more often and may get up more often to urinate at night.
• Vaginal dryness. Due to a lack of estrogen exposure to the vaginal tissues, the woman may have an increase in vaginal dryness. This can lead to a thinning and drying out of the vaginal tissue that can add to pain in intercourse. Fortunately, there are treatments for this. The woman can use a vaginal lubricant during sex, use a vaginal moisturizer, or can be prescribed estrogen in the form of a gel, cream, or impregnated vaginal ring containing estrogen that will have few systemic effects but will increase vaginal secretions. Hormone replacement therapy can also increase vaginal moisture.
• Insomnia. Sleep becomes more difficult during menopause. There may be difficulties in getting to sleep as well as difficulties in staying asleep during the night.
Fortunately, there are safe and effective treatments for the unpleasant symptoms of menopause and peri-menopause. Give us a call today at 843-773-2289 or visit www.telemedicinepractitioners.com to schedule an appointment today!
- Quintessential Things to Know about Testosterone Replacement Therapy - November 27, 2021
- Treat Menopause Online with Women Healthcare Services - October 15, 2021
- Growing Trend of Telehealth Online Doctor - September 23, 2021
fejxnrrrl uidel mwmfskf uyvu xlbmjlhjjxwnchp
492883 358027if the buffalo in my head could speak german i would not know a god damm thing. What i do know is that the language of art is out of this world. 763978
157182 160338Having been simply seeking at useful weblog articles with regard towards the project research when My partner and i happened to stumble on yours. Thanks for this practical data! 280331
9132 956554Yay google is my world beater helped me to find this great web site ! . 358434
365431 337604extremely good post, i certainly really like this site, keep on it 237637
157886 387098Hi! Excellent post! Please do tell us when I will see a follow up! 940274
660962 83142Now we know who the ssebnile one is here. Wonderful post! 395433
935023 631026Id need to speak with you here. Which is not some thing I do! I spend time reading an write-up that could get folks to feel. Also, appreciate your allowing me to comment! 461328
47812 197741The planet are really secret by having temperate garden which are generally beautiful, rrncluding a jungle that is surely certainly profligate featuring so many systems by way of example the game courses, golf procedure and in addition private pools. Hotel reviews 61500
964085 261621Some truly amazing content material on this internet website , thankyou for contribution. 199102
531136 452201For some cause the picture just isnt loading appropriately, is at this time there an issue? 653019
426696 463422I like this internet site its a master peace ! Glad I discovered this on google . 412692
230516 582465You produced some decent points there. I looked on the net to the issue and discovered many people goes together with along together with your website. 789878
Boetman! Great to hear from you! Haha thank you, glad you like it!
607218 663376Wow Da weiss man, wo es hingehen muss Viele Grsse Mirta 413046
362978 67839Thank you for writing this tremendous top quality post. The data in this material confirms my point of view and you truly laid it out effectively. I could never have written an post this great. 670958
511757 476274Its wonderful as your other articles : D, appreciate it for putting up. 401531
57001 746832Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but following I clicked submit my comment didnt appear. Grrrr effectively Im not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to say fantastic weblog! 367461
127313 66173Oh my goodness! a great post dude. Several thanks Even so We are experiencing difficulty with ur rss . Dont know why Can not sign up to it. Could there be anybody locating identical rss difficulty? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx 684064
846611 988805Your article is truly informative. Far more than that, it??s engaging, compelling and well-written. I would desire to see even a lot more of these types of excellent writing. 846769
Reading your article helped me a lot and I agree with you. But I still have some doubts, can you clarify for me? I’ll keep an eye out for your answers.